Monday, November 12, 2007

VETERANS....A MOMENT TO HONOR

s



I'd like to take this moment to thank our VETERANS of WAR.

The photos...the U.S. flag that always hangs in our yard .The old photo is one taken of my father. He is the one holding the American Flag, second from the left. I have one room in my home dedicated to our country. An "Americana" room. This photo hangs in the room as well as my father's honorable discharge from the U.S.Army. He served as a helicopter pilot from 1947- 1968 and is a Purple Heart recipient.

My military family history goes back to WWII and Korea...Vietnam and Iraq. From my grandfather,father,husband and my two sons.

My eldest son faced a horrific battle while in Iraq; losing a close friend and company commander. It was at that time he wrote home and thanked us for his Christian upbringing. The HOPE he had in his heart...the PEACE that passed all understanding...knowing GOD was with him at that time, brought such comfort. He realized how important knowing GOD personally was to him. He knew that his life was in God's hand and if it was his appointed time...he was ready. There are many over there with this same heart. My youngest son will be going for the second time next Spring. God bless you all with courage,strength and comfort.

It is such a noble thing to VOLUNTEER...at this time we have an ALL VOLUNTEER MILITARY FORCE...people who WANT to be there serving their country and helping other countries.

As I read the news from day to day...my heart is overwhelmed with the stories of the courage of those injured and those injured who want to return. God surely has a purpose for these lives..."examples" for all of us.

I read recently two accounts of the President presenting the MEDAL OF HONOR and my heart was filled with THANKFULNESS. These two men gave their all. I know that the loss for the family is so great, and yet the honor bestowed gives such peace to them; knowing their loved one...had such courage and integrity to do what was necessary to save his fellow man from harms way. A great friend with a depth of love and dedication. THANK YOU...


I of course thought upon the LORD Jesus Christ. So many forget/deny that he gave the ultimate sacrifice...volunteered...full of LOVE.

St. John chpt.15 verse 13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

The greatest example of love...found in the Saviour. His voluntary sacrifice remains forever and continues to this day...to redeem man. Read the book of Hebrews chapter 10..especially verses 10-17. What comfort, what joy..what HOPE!

GOD BLESS our Veterans and our Troops serving all over the world. THANK YOU...THANK YOU...THANK YOU!

2 comments:

Pam--in America said...

I LOVE how you associated Jesus Christ's sacrifice with the veterans of our times. Not many would think of that....I know I hadn't. Thank you for sharing this!

HOPE said...

Thank you Pam. I just wish the HONOR that is so moving to the heart, to tears, when watching the presentation of the Medal Of Honor...would be as moving to all hearts regarding our LORD.