Tuesday, April 1, 2008

MOMENT BY MOMENT...part 2

One lone moment that is still so vivid in my mind...was during a visit by myself. I spent an afternoon sitting with Stephen soaking in the time to "cuddle". I stroked his forehead as always to soothe him so calmly.

~~~~~~~~

After his birth and recovering from a minor surgery; the anesthesia had left me so groggy and unable to speak or open my eyes. I remember feeling helpless. Then that loving touch of my husband's hand upon my forehead, calmed my spirit. I will never forget how much that "touch" meant to me.

Is it possible that just a "touch" of God can comfort and strengthen as well?

Daniel 10:18-19...Then there came again and touched me one like the appearance of a man, and he strengthened me. And said, O man greatly beloved, fear not: peace be unto thee, be strong, yea, be strong, And when he had spoken unto me, I was strengthened, and said, Let my lord speak; for thou hast strengthened me.


~~~~~~~~~


As I held him gently in my arms stroking his forehead, talking with him, it was indeed making every single moment a treasure, knowing his little life would soon pass.

On this day however, one lone moment smote my heart deeply.

As he lay in my arms...I suddenly felt no movement...for a moment. My heart felt like lead and my body filled with a burning heat as my adrenaline rose to it's height.

"Is Stephen...gone?"

Can just a "moment" seem like endless time? I felt as though the entire world had come to a standstill...

and then he breathed.

OH! what relief.

I could feel a wave sweep over my soul and immediate comfort from the touch of TRUTH...

Moment by Moment I'm kept in his love...
Moment by Moment I've life from above...
Looking to Jesus til glory doth shine...
Moment by Moment, O LORD, I am thine.


Had this been his time of death, I was sure that God would have enabled me to be strong. He was with me...to strengthen me, to help me. My comfort and my all in all.

Psalm 94:17 Unless the LORD had been my help, my soul had almost dwelt in silence.
When I said, my foot slippeth; thy mercy, O LORD, held me up.

3 comments:

Pam--in America said...

What a heart-wrenching moment that must have been; to think that he might be gone. I'm so glad that the Lord allowed you these precious moments with Stephen to cherish.

~~Deby said...

Oh Hope
this is so good and the scriptures from Daniel ....excellant (well they all are aren't they)...
I am so enjoying your writings.
Deby

HOPE said...

Pam...that moment was sure a reality check. So often we take each day for granted.

Deby...thank you so much for the encouraging comment. I'm so glad that this is a blessing to you.