Tuesday, April 15, 2008

A CUP OF HOPE...part 1


Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold all things are become new.II Corinthians 5:17

And truly Kathryn was now a born again Christian...A new creature...A new heart with a new song and new desire.

And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in thee. Psalm 40:3


Just as a newborn babe…learning to talk, walk and grow. These are the beginnings of the Christian life.

Kathryn and I began to have in depth Bible Studies together…over a pot of tea. With her British heritage: a lovely spot of tea was always a specialty and she taught me well. Early Grey and sometimes a wonderful apricot tea. To this day, I enjoy tea daily and with a heart of remembrance of my dearest “friend” and “sister in Christ”. Oh the joy!! of being able to put those two phrases together. At one time, she was just my nurse… I was just another patient. But, GOD chose otherwise. He had a perfect will and way to bring two lives together and show forth His Glory!!

As I think back upon the very beginnings of this story..even now my heart is full..of praise, thanksgiving and awe!

Our Bible studies began in the book of Romans. An important book, with foundations showing the need of salvation, the work of the Spirit and, the walk with God.

Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. Romans 5:1

Kathryn by faith was now justified. I like the acronym that explains this well… “JUST IF I” …… but he took our place, he bore our sins on Calvary and has justified us by grace through faith. And indeed what PEACE we have with God.

There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. Romans 8:1

No longer condemned with those who chose not to believe…to walk with Him.

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. St. John 3:17-18


Our studies brought her much peace in understanding of the Christian life.

As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him. Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving. Colossians 2:6-7

Our studies began to establish a faith in her that would remain and in years to come…do exactly the same as it has for me. Give her peace, assurance and purpose of life.

Walking in newness of life…is it possible? Yes, in Christ, it is. He renews in us a refreshing by the forgiveness of our sins that weighed so heavily upon our conscience. Our desires change and life becomes new. A new outlook, a new hope…a new beginning!

No turned over leaf that can flip with the wind back to where it was…this is a new life! Just like the budding of spring and the new life that shows all around us. The creation testifies of this… NEW BIRTH.

Kathryn now….my friend, sister in the Lord…and the comfort I had prayed for…She is the fruit of our labours in the LORD….She is the answers to many prayers…She is the comfort of hope in my trials.
She is my joy….

For what is our hope, or joy, or crown of rejoicing? Are not even ye in the presence of our Lord Jesus Christ at his coming? For ye are our glory and joy. I Thessalonians 2:19-20


As I wrote in the beginning of this journey…


To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: Ecclesiastes 3:1

6 comments:

TO BECOME said...

This was just beautiful Hope. I loved every word of it. How God works things so that those we meet somtimes becomes our sisters in Christ and we have a realationship that never ends. What grace! what love! Thank you for sharing this. connie from Texas

HOPE said...

Thank you so much Connie..it is good to see you stop by. We have so much to rejoice in ..don't we..as I read your post and all the blessings in your life as well.

~~Deby said...

This was so precious, Hope and this year..or at least since Sept 30th it is like everything has become REAL to me...after it being so vague, and yet I do indeed have a long way to go...and a peace that God is now with me , I am His HE is mine, His banner over me is love.
I am loving your blog.
Deby

Pam--in America said...

First of all... I LOVE the teapot ;)

What a wonderful joy to have a new sister in Christ! And what a blessing to her life to have someone that was willing to disciple her! So often today that step gets left by the way... so sad.
I love what you said about "turning over a new leaf". TRUE conversion is so different from this world view that, like you said, can so easily be overturned.
Great post!

HOPE said...

Deby....truly it is as the song says..I was blind, but now I SEE!
Praise the LORD for your salvation and my blessing now of knowing you!

Pam...so true..no salvation in the 1-2-3 repeat after me prayer..bammo your saved and that's it, just come to church..If you want to.
True salvation is manifested in the humble heart that says now I want to be shown the good way wherein to walk! My husband even taught me my first REAL Christian Hymn!
Reminds me of the little saying..
Everything I know I learned in Kindergarten! The beginnings of our learning process are the baby steps to growth.New born babes in Christ need that loving attention and teachings.
Glad you love my teapot! ;)

Deborah said...

Hello! I just found your blog, and have read through the whole story of 'Kathryn' Your writing truly is an encouragement, and I look forward to visiting again soon.