Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Encouragement

I've started this blog on the recommendation of several friends. I'd like to thank them for this encouragement. Knowing that they feel I have something to offer others, is a blessing beyond measure. As my desire is also to be...An Encourager. There are many aspects of life that need encouraging...whether it be an ability or desire or faith. We all need it.

For this purpose, I want to share with you some things in my life and maybe some mention of others that will indeed encourage you in some area of your life, by you drawing from this well...of HOPE. I wish above all for you to know the LORD Jesus Christ as your personal Saviour and the peace he can give to your heart.

The greatest moment of my life, was when I found that the BIBLE was true and the very words of GOD given so that I would know him, so that I would know what life was all about. I was very confused about life in general. I did not know enough about God to even know where to find him..let alone that there existed a book HE left for man. In his faithfulness he revealed himself not only by creation itself..but by giving us words from his very heart.
The Bible is a precious book filled with HOPE. Hope is something as the Bible says..not seen (Hebrews 11:1). It is the very essence of Faith. It is trusting GOD for who he says he is and what he is able and will perform.

One day I found that the Scriptures revealed my heart also. It revealed to me, my great need of a Saviour, found in the Lord Jesus Christ. I was guilty before God and had done nothing about my sins. I trusted him according to his word, that by faith in his shed blood I would be cleansed and made a new creature in him. What joy I found and the new journey began that day...new as in born again..walking new, talking new and finding HOPE along the way.

1 comment:

Pam--in America said...

YEA!!! Welcome to the blogosphere! I know that YOU will be an encouragement to many. I can't wait to read more. Love you!