Wednesday, November 28, 2007

From Every Stormy Wind That Blows

This wonderful hymn always brings tears to my eyes and touches my heart. Words penned by authors of our dear beloved hymns surely experienced the depth of fellowship found in our Lord. I pray as you continue to read my blog...that you will not fear the storms of life, but take them with courage, hope and assurance...and know that all will be well....to those who know the blessed salvation found in the Lord Jesus Christ.

From every stormy wind that blows,
From every swelling tide of woes,
There is a calm, a sure retreat,
'Tis found beneath the mercy-seat.

There is a place where Jesus sheds,
The oil of gladness on our heads,
A place than all beside more sweet,
It is the blood-stained mercy-seat.

There is a spot where spirits blend,
And friend holds fellowship with friend,
Though sundered far, by faith they meet,
Around one common mercy-seat.

There, there on eagle-wing we soar,
And time and sense seem all no more,
And heaven comes down our souls to greet,
And glory crowns the mercy-seat.

2 comments:

Pam--in America said...

I don't recognize the song, but I love the words! I'll have to go look it up in my hymnal and pluck out the notes ;)

HOPE said...

Once you play this tune Pam you will be singing it ALL day long. I wish I had the music to be heard on the blog.

God bless you with a good day!
Hugs to all....